Dear Praying Friends and Family,
You know you’re a traveling missionary family on furlough when you ask your 10 year old daughter what the capital of New Jersey is and she cheerfully responds, “ e turnpike!” For our international friends, the turnpike is the major highway or “motorway” that we take to get to our various meetings in the different northeastern states. By the grace of God, our journeys have been safe.
We’ve survived the cold winter season and are looking forward to the warmer spring and summer weather. Even through a couple of snow storms, God still designs opportunities for His light to shine in the hearts of the lost. I had the great opportunity a few weeks ago, while driving through the snow storm, to pick up a young man called Rasheed who was arduously treading through the snow on foot. After pulling out my “gospel-gun” and giving him a clear presentation of the gospel, he opened his heart and received the Lord as His savior. Another soul! Another miracle! To God be the glory!
e ministry in Ghana is doing well. e few faithful members are still going soul wining on a weekly basis
and are seeing people come to know the saving grace of Jesus Christ. As Easter approaches, we’re reminiscing over the many wonderful days of revival services that leads up to our sunrise Easter Sunday morning service. As the rainy season is soon to begin, please pray that the Lord will withhold the torrential rain pour. e church is meeting outside under tents. Your prayers concerning this, have been answered in the past and we trust that the Lord will honor our specific prayer requests.
-We’re going to be using Constant Contact, an a affordable email service to communicate our ministry updates to our supporting churches, family and friends. We will still mail out hard copies to our supporting churches.
-Several musical instruments have been donated for our youth orchestra. Stephen, our second oldest son, is get- ting instrument repair apprenticeship training so that he can repair these instruments to working condition.
-Our ministry website has been updated. Please visit www.kearneystoghana.org and send us an encouraging note.
-Our oldest son, Fredrick has put together an 8 minute presentation of the ministry work in Ghana, which re-directs the last three years of our work. We’ll get in on the website for viewing soon.
- So far, a couple of churches have taken us on for support. A few are prayerfully considering taking us on in the near future. e need is still great. Please pray that more churches will partner with us.
- Healing, wisdom, strength and protection for the Acree family as they face many cultural shock experiences there in Ghana. they’ve endured much stress in the last few weeks in their health and living. March marks their one year anniversary of arriving in Ghana!
- Pray for the following adults and young men of Lighthouse Baptist Church. that they surrendered their lives to rise up and continue in the challenged to serve and lead the church. ey are Bro. Eric Henaku, Bro. David Appiah, Sammy Quayson, Sammuel Mensah, Eli Fiagbe, Xoese Fenuku, and Agbeme Sefogbe.
- Please pray for the return of a young lady, Zee, whom my wife led to the Lord last fall. She has faithfully attend- ed church and Reformers Unanimous classes but lately, she has back slid into an alternative lifestyle.
- e whole country of Ghana is experiencing serious power outages 80% of the time. they are estimating about 8 to 14 month to resolve the problem. Please pray that the restoration efforts will be successful and immediate. Family lives, ministry work and businesses are in distress. Alternative energy source is needed for day to day living.
Ministry and family Needs:
-Our family is needing a mission minded servant of the Lord, between the ages of 18-92 years, who loves family to come and assist my wife with homeschooling. Room and board will be provided. Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Funds to ship our ministry items to Ghana. ($7,000.00)
-A larger ministry bus. ($30,000)
- Solar panels or generator. ($6000.00) - An essential alternative energy source as a solution to the 80% power outage problem.
SHORT TERM MISSIONS TRIP OPPORTUNITY: Our music and literacy program is seeking the help of En- glish and music majors or retired teachers, with a heart for young people, to come and teach and train. We have a youth orchestra program that has been a blessing. Room and board will be provided. Please send all inquiries to email@example.com.
mountain-cross-silhouette.jpg Once again, we appreciate your fervent prayers and faithful financial support. thank you for giving us the privilege to be an extension of your hands; reaching souls for Christ and changing lives in the country of Ghana, West Africa. Happy Easter!!!!
For the Joy of Serving Jesus,
The Kearney Family
Fredrick & Antoinette Kearney.
Stephen, 17; Michael, 15; Mary-Elisabeth, 13.
Kearneys To Ghana
Ghana Field Address
Missionary Fredrick Kearney
US Ph# 856-419-7723
P.O.Box CE 11477
Tema Ghana West Africa
Ghana Ph# 011-233-28-732-5001
Would you like to be a part of our ministry in Ghana by making a donation?