Dear Praying Friends and Family,
“With men, this is impossible, but with God, all things are possible.” Matt. 19:26 This scripture is the life verse of my 95 year old mother. As we started this past quarter with the theme : “Faith is Seeing the Impossible”. The Lord has taught me and the entire church family about the marvelous works that He can wrought through His power, protection and provision as we pray and wait for him to do the impossible.
We ended the month of May with an intensive two-day leadership training of 17 young people and adults. We studied the entire book of Nehemiah. All but one, of these leaders were below the age of ten years when we started the work 8 years ago. Through much prayer, from our family and our supporting churches and friends, the Lord has worked in their hearts to yield to His call of service. We’re amazed to see their faithfulness, dedication and commitment to the work of God in the ministry of Lighthouse Baptist Church. They are leading soul winning, teaching Sunday school, Bible Club, literacy program and music and preaching the word of God. Only the God of the impossible could do this!
About four years ago, we asked you to pray for a young man who had stopped coming to church. We are delighted to inform you that after many months of fervent prayers, the Lord has answered your prayers and has changed an impossible “prodigal son” situation around. Ebenezar Blay, has returned to church! He has been present at every church service and activity. He has re-enrolled in the literacy program and is now a beginner student of the clarinet. He is also one of the most improved student. Only the God of the impossible could bring this change in person! Please continue to pray for him to grow and mature in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as we continue to disciple him.
Our son Michael had a serious bout with malaria and was taken to the hospital several times for treatment. After the last visit, he was finally admitted to the hospital where he received several IV’s with a third course of treatment. We thought we were going to loose him but God did the impossible by healing him. He’s back to doing to school work, playing his French-horn and conducting our church orchestra. We thank the Lord for changing an impossible situation around for the better!
Please pray for our son Stephen as he desires to continue his studies and pilot training in missionary aviation. He’s presently needing to raise a large sum of money to get to do the 45 hour training program in Wisconsin. So far, he has managed to raise about $500.00. Please pray that the Lord will provide the rest of the funds needed for him to start the training.
Please pray for God’s provision for and protection of our oldest, son Fredrick Kearney Jr. of West Coast Baptist College. He is presently traveling with his college’s singing group called “The Harvest Trio”. He’ll be visiting over 83 churches through the southwestern and southeastern part of US this summer. Some of you have had the privilege of seeing and hearing him sing at your local church. He’ll be celebrating his 20th Birthday on July 17th. Please pray that the Lord will continue to use him for His Glory as he faithfully serves Him.
Special Thanks: About a month ago, my 95 year old mother suffered a stroke. Upon receiving the news, my heart sank. I wished in my heart that I could be by her side and spend some quality time with her. Being that we serve on a foreign mission field, 12,000 miles and having insufficient funds, traveling to the states was impossible. As usual, I prayed to the Lord and patiently waited for Him to do the impossible. Within three weeks, I received a call from my sending pastor, Pastor Pat Creed Jr. Upon sharing the news of the condition of my mother with him, he offered to provide a round trip ticket for me to go home and see my mom. What a marvelous answer to prayer! I am thankful and grateful to our sending church, Faith Independent Baptist Church of Glenn Dale, MD for providing the means that has given me the opportunity to be by the bedside of my mother for the next three weeks.
- Our sending church raised funds for us to purchase a dependable vehicle for our family use.
- As we continue in the work by our faithfulness in soul winning and visitation. The Lord has allowed us the privilege to lead about 68 souls to the Lord during our door-to-door soul winning efforts in our community. About 150 souls have accepted Christ in our school chapel outreach this quarter.
-Our Bible club in a local junior high school has allowed us the privilege of leading about 28 students to the Lord and are being disciple through our weekly Bible club meeting.
- During our mother-daughter tea fellowship, this past May, we reached out to about 85 women and their daughters who attended with the message of God with the theme: A woman after God’s Own heart.
-In our true daughters retreat, twenty-two young girls vowed to remain pure until marriage.
-Our “She Publishers” ladies fellowship raised money and bought a digital New Testament Bible and an audio player. They presented the audio Bible in the language of Damgbe to a middle aged woman called Sis. Mercy.
- Our Bible institute has about 17 youth and adults enrolled. We studied and taught them the The Way of Salvation, The Deity of Christ, and The Proofs of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We starting of our Ezra Adult Discipleship Literacy Program in May. We have four adult women enrolled. We’re delighted to have one of our high school graduates, Bro. Sammy Quayson, whom we trained 7 years ago, leading and teaching the classes.
- Pray for the healing and recovery of my mother from the effects of the stroke.
- Pray for our preacher boys/men to be used of God to prepare messages that will reach the hearts of our people with the theme: “Faith is Reaching Others”
- Pray for Sister Abla, as she prepares and teaches the Book of Ruth to our ladies Sunday school class.
- Pray for Sis. Appia, as she is preparing to teach on the topic of the parable of the sower.
-Please continue to pray for the Lord to bring the following people back to church: Mr. Moses, Mawuli, Kekeli, Sammy, Yaw, Alex, Charles, Derrick, and Daniel.
-We’ve experienced torrential rain fall during a couple of our Sunday morning services as we hold our main services under tents. Please pray for the Lord to hold up the rain during our Sunday morning services.
- Please pray for the up-coming events of the church: Bible Club graduation, and orchestra recital.
- Please pray for the processing of our immigration documents to be done swiftly.
- Special Project that needs sponsorship : Conversion of our 40 foot container into a LIBRARY, for our discipleship based literacy program. Any special additional funds to support this project would be much appreciated.
As this quarter has been a time of seeing God do the impossible for us, we pray that He will do the same for you. Thank you for giving us the privilege to serve the people of Tema- Ghana.
For the Joy of Serving Jesus,
The Kearney Family
Fredrick & Antoinette Kearney.
Stephen, 17; Michael, 15; Mary-Elisabeth, 13.
Kearneys To Ghana
Ghana Field Address
Missionary Fredrick Kearney
US Ph# 856-419-7723
P.O.Box CE 11477
Tema Ghana West Africa
Ghana Ph# 011-233-28-732-5001
Would you like to be a part of our ministry in Ghana by making a donation?